|resources:||Home Feedback Installation Downloads Source Code Documentation Screenshots|
- 28 February 2004. Kudos to Edward Duffy, minor fixes to nsMySQL.cpp to make Visual Studio.NET 7 happy
- 17 February 2003. Mozilla 1.3b has extensions/sql with PostgreSQL support there and MySQL in progress. Read the docs about it.
- mozdb project. May be mysqlxpcom will be part of it one day...
Welcome to the MySQL XPCOM wrapper project at mozdev.org!
YASP Software has created some e-commerce online shops with MySQL backends.
Our clients are using kind of traditional admin systems to view and amend information.
If we are talking about 1,000+ products selling online I can guess about the speed and usability of such interface. Slow, slow, slow. Especially when we need to provide various complex customizable reports and flexible product management. So well. We are looking for a better solution!
There are 3 things done.
- XPCOM wrapper to mysql API 3.x itself
- Simple XUL application to show the power of mysql XPCOM wrapper. We named it 'MySQL Explorer'
- Implementation of mysql 4.x API. It will include SSL connections to mysql servers by the way.
- Perl DBI implemented as XPCOM module with drivers to many databases. Isn't it cool ?
- Providing mysql part of code for Mozilla SQL project.
Seems we have no time to actively develop/support the project. So anyone expirienced or brave enough is welcome to help.
- improve mysqlexplorer
- for any memory leaks and error handling in the C++ code
- if you need multithreaded version of the XPCOM module, please do it and send back patches :-)
- test compilation/install with newer version of Mozilla on your preffered platform
- write more documentation and examples